Tips for Using this CD:
- Open PowerPoint files by using the PowerPoint Index and NOT this Startpage file, they may not have full functionality if opened up within the web browser.
- Use FireFox or Chrome as your browser to open the StartPage instead of Internet Explorer. Files will open more smoothly that way.
- If you have space on your hard drive, copy the whole CD onto your hard drive.
course syllabus and MS Word files of many labs and papers handed out in
-- just in case you lose the copy you were given in class.
- Contains extremely useful files. Many
Drill & Practice Quizzers which will give you immediate
you are doing. In this section you will also find the
that Mr. Arrow uses in class as well as some extra review and Tutorial
- These files are designed to go along with labs
in class. They tell you if you are doing your calculations
and give you a "Congratulations!" printout when you are done.
- This section contains everything you want to know
your Chemistry Learning Community Projects. Includes a list
broken down by chapter along with rubrics and examples.
- This button
links you to Mr. Arrow's Message Board on the Internet.
be connected to the Internet for this Link to work!
instructions for how to make that graph? How about help for
lab reports? Of course, when doing your bibliography, you
proper format. This is the place to find this information and
It contains the West York MLA Style Guide and the Science
sure to look these over before doing any CLC project.
- As you might think -- sends you to useful places
Web to supplement your learning.
be connected to the Internet for the links in this section to work!
Some of the files on this CD will require more than a Web
view. You most likely already have these programs running on
but I have included them with this CD in case you do not. To
click on "Install" and then select "Open" from the dialog box.
does not work for you, then use the Software_Installs
folder on this CD and click on the executable files in the appropriate
Reader - required
to read pdf files. All of the ChemMatters articles are in
Viewer - If you
do not have
MS PowerPoint on your computer, you will need to install this free
to see the PowerPoint Presentations. Install
this program only if you do not have Microsoft
- . If you do not
have MS Word on your computer, you will
install this free viewer to see the Word Documents. Many of my course
documents will be
in MS Word format. Install this
program only if
you do not have Microsoft PowerPoint.
Logger Pro - this is
the program that we use in class to graph our data. We have a
that you may install this program on your home computer as long as you
a student at West York. -- Please delete it after you graduate!
in to Moodle to Download